Information we collect
- When you donate through any of our donation pages, we ask you for your name, your email address, and your country of residence. The latter allows us to determine which tax exemptions might apply.
- If your donation is eligible for tax relief, we also ask you for your physical address, which is required by law to issue tax receipts in Switzerland, Germany, and the Netherlands or to collect Gift Aid in the United Kingdom.
- If you apply for a position at CLR, a grant, or for career advice, we collect the application data you freely give to us (your CV, answers to our questions, etc).
- Data you share with us when signing up for our events (S-risk Intro Fellowships, retreats, etc.
- Email communications when you contact us.
- We use Google Analytics to track website traffic and usage anonymously.
How we use your information
- We review donations you make to CLR, matching incoming payments on our accounts with donor records on our system. We send you thank-you emails for your donations and contact you via email if something is unclear or to establish a closer personal relationship with you. We issue annual tax receipts for certain donors, for which we also need your physical address.
- We evaluate the information you freely share with us to offer you personalized career or donation advice, or to evaluate your applications for jobs with us.
- We send updates via our newsletter if you signed up for it.
- We store your donation history and some email communications to have an up-to-date picture of our relationship with you.
How we share your information
We use various software tools to help us manage the data we collect, all of which have high standards of privacy and security.
Cookies are small text-only files that are stored on your computer and that help identify you when you visit any of our sites. This makes visiting and using our sites easier, for instance, so that you do not have to re-enter information continually.
You have the right to control what data we store and how we use it. In particular, you can always contact us if:
- You would like to access, rectify, or delete any data we may have about you.
- You would like us to stop processing your data in any of the ways described in this policy.
- You object to us using your data for a given purpose.
- You want to understand better how we use your data.
Feel free to contact us at any time at email@example.com.
We don’t expect or intend to collect information on children under 16. Children should get help from a parent or guardian before entering personal information into a website.