Support us to help reduce involuntary suffering.
Your generous donation helps us research cooperative and effective strategies to reduce involuntary suffering.
- Donors from Germany, Switzerland, and the Netherlands can donate tax-deductibly using the form below
- Donors from the USA and UK can donate tax-deductibly through the Giving What We Can platform
- Donors from all other countries can donate to us using the below form, but unfortunately tax deduction will not be available
The Swiss charity Effective Altruism Foundation (EAF) collects and processes donations through the below form on our behalf. Such donations will be used exclusively to support CLR.
You can find answers to frequently asked questions below. If the FAQ doesn't answer your question, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Asked Questions
- You can make either one-off or regular monthly donations.
- We offer multiple payment methods but encourage donors to use direct debit by default since the fees are low and we can track payments with less effort. For larger donations (over 5,000.–) we recommend bank transfers.
- Registration: Choose the bank transfer option in the form. You will see the transfer instructions in the last step, which you will also receive via email.
- Transfer: Make the transfer using the reference code specified in the instructions.
- Confirmation: You will receive a confirmation email from us at the latest one week after we receive your payment.
Currently, we can offer tax-deductible donations in Germany, Switzerland, and the Netherlands. You can find our tax exemption documents here. Donors in the US and the UK can support us through the Giving What We Can platform. In the UK, Giving What We Can receives your donation, claims Gift Aid on your behalf, and grants the donation plus Gift Aid to us.
If applicable, you will receive a tax receipt by the organization on whose accounts you have donated. For the countries mentioned above, these organizations are:
If you have questions about your tax receipt, you can contact the organization in question directly.
EAF sends a single receipt via email at the beginning of the year, which includes all your donations in the preceding year, as long as your donations totaled at least 100.– and were made to EAF directly. We can only issue receipts if all fields in the registration form—including the address field—were filled out. Donation receipts are issued in the name of the account holder from which the donation is made. If you don't get your receipt by February, contact us. Keep in mind that a donation is included in a given year if we receive the donation in that year, independently of when you make the transfer. Please keep this in mind for donations via bank transfer made in late December, since they could reach our accounts in January.
For donations made via the below form, payment processors charge a small fee that is deducted from your donation:
- Bank transfer: typically no fee, although your bank may charge for international transfers (recommended for large donations)
- Direct debit: 1%, capped at 2 euros (recommended)
- Credit card: 2-3%
- PayPal: 2.5% for CHF donations, 5.2% for other currencies
- Skrill: 3.3%
- Bitcoin: 1%
You can find detailed information about our activities and goals as well as our financial situation on our transparency site. CLR’s finances are checked annually by an independent auditor.
To change the amount of your monthly donation, please fill in the donation registration form again with your updated preferences. For donations via bank transfer, you can then adjust the standing order with the new reference number / purpose.
If you wish to change or cancel your monthly direct debit or credit card donation, please send us an email at email@example.com. We will cancel your donation and you can set up a new one on this website.